Figured I had better write an entry about the first trimester because it is one of the most frequently asked questions, that and "how are you feeling?" So let me tell you!
Truthfully I feel very lucky to have experienced the feelings that I have experienced! It is all part of what Jonathan and I had been dreaming about, having a baby!
I was nauseous. Not in the morning but in the afternoons and evenings. It would creep in around 3:30pm and would not go away until the next morning. Different, I know. Although, when it would get really bad I would just go to bed!
Which leads to the next thing that was beyond what I ever expected. Extreme fatigue. I really thought there is no way women could possible be THAT tired! Oh, but it is true. At work if I was in a dark patient room and my patient was asleep and I could hear the heart rate on the monitor and I just closed my eyes...I would fall asleep! Me! The girl who can not sleep in cars or planes etc! I would also day dream about going to sleep around mid morning!
I feel so blessed to be pregnant and to experience all of these symptoms; however, I am thankful to welcome the second trimester! I have been feeling much more like myself and have had much more energy. I also have been back to my normal pre-pregnancy diet of fresh vegetables and adult food!
My saving graces for the first trimester:
Pizza
Pasta
Macaroni and Cheese
Lucky Charms
Cinnamon Toast Crunch
Things I could not stand:
Eggs (Now I like them, sometimes!)
Anything BBQ flavored or the smells of BBQ (still can't...)
Perfumes and fragrant lotions (still having a hard time...)
No comments:
Post a Comment