Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Farewell 2012, Nice to meet you 2013!

 HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
 And Happy Birthday to miss Olivia up in Colorado, XOXO!

We have been busy celebrating all day today by already starting our New Year's Resolutions. I feel that sometimes resolutions can be somewhat sensitive. Sometimes when people ask "did you make any resolutions?" People usually respond with a "yes" or "no" instead of "yes actually, blah blah blah!" I think its because it is that commitment and/or desire to change those things about yourself that maybe aren't your favorite. Like lose the extra "fluff" that I gained over the last few weeks or get a little bit more organized. Although its also the time to make little challenges for yourself, for example, getting back on my elliptical machine daily and not just counting mine and Declan's walk as my daily workout. Any resolution sharers out there?

And of course we have to recap our 2012 adventurers, where to start.....















  •  Declan's birthday. January 31, 2012. 11:48. Best day of our lives. Overflowing with joy and love, that continues to grow.
  • We completed our first flight all together in June to Montana, the second to Corpus Christi in September, and the third in December to California.
  • Kaiti and Alex got married. Ryan and Melissa got engaged. 
  • Declan visited the Gulf of Mexico and the Pacific Ocean (2013 will be the Atlantic!)
  • We mourned the loss of two of our campers, Cesar and Baillie. Both bright lights in the heavens. 
  • Our Camp Enchantment family has grown tremendously close. We have been fortunate to have had two camp gatherings at our house in the last three months. One for celebration of life posters for our two campers and another for a holiday party.
  • We have experienced what we will call the "friend shift." The sad changing in relationships with friends. Hopefully this only happens once in our lives. 
  • We have been blessed with many wonderful friends. One of God's most precious gifts. It has been a full year of reuniting with friends, bonding over our babies, over our boys. No distance has been too great.
  • We joyously rejoiced in the births of many babies as our friends expanded their families, and we also shed tears for a friends angel baby: Olivia, Logan, Angel Issac, Angus and Olive, Brayden, Harper,  Ella Jane and Franklin, Kaylee, Mason,  Autumn, Olivia,  Lillian. Phew, I hope I didn't forget a precious baby...
  • We celebrated our third year of marriage and agreed this last one, with the addition of Declan had made it even more amazing.
  • We could talk for days about all of Declan's amazing qualities, but we will save it for later.
  • We got to do those fabulous holiday things that I always dreamed of doing with my family.

2013 is going to be fabulous, I can just feel it in my soul. Life is only getting better!
To all of our friends and family, the happiest and healthiest of years for 2013!
All of our love,
Jonathan, Tara and Declan

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year my friends! My resolution is to FINALLY come see you, see that sweet baby of yours and for our boys to begin their friendship. I treasure our friendship even though we barely get to see each other or talk but through your blog, I feel like I am there. Much love to you all for an amazing 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Dearest Maple Family!!! I loved reading all of your recent blog posts! There is no way to express how much your family means to our family. We love you tons!! Here's to a memorable 2013!
    ~Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. An incredible year! And you're right, I feel in my soul too that 2013 will be EVEN brighter! Love you all soooooo much!

    xo, Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Maple Family!!! Blessings to all :) Keep spreading the love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Maples! Keep spreading the cheer and love!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year to a wonderful friend and beautiful family!!! For 2013, I'd like to spend more time with the people I love and take the time to slow down and truly relax....I am so blessed to have you in my life! Every time I use my dōTERRA I think of you and my heart smiles!

    ReplyDelete