30 tomorrow I turn 30...I TURN 30!!! Actually it isn't so weird that I am turning 30, it is more weird that my mom has a 30 year old child. Now being a mom, I put myself in that position...what will life be like when Declan turns 30...yikes! Actually birthdays, New Years all make for a really great time to reflect back on the last year or years. So this is a little note to myself so in March of 2015 I can look back and say Sh#@! I better get my act together and do something, just kidding.
Actually birthdays are a time to give yourself a private high five for all the awesome things you have accomplished this last year (Declan turned 2, Calem was born, I finished my first year of grad school, we took our first international trip as a family). To tell yourself you could be better at certain things (writing thank you notes, taking "me" time, working out, date time with Jonathan) and to set your sights on all of the things that you want to do in the next year (GRADUATE, become a chicken farmer, convince my dogs to not eat or play too hard with the chickens, watch my babies grow, keep dating my husband, go on more camping trips, backyard camping, more time with my girlfriends, more time with family and more FaceTime dates with my sister). Hopefully in all of this I am getting more good looking, wiser, smarter, fitter and perhaps more cheeky than previous years. Here is a look at the last five years in birthdays!

 |
| Tom, Rachel, Jane, Josh, Jonathan and I. All at my 25th birthday party! |
 |
| Melissa, Ryan and I |
 |
| 26! Had to celebrate with Vanilla Pop at Q Bar (Again!) |
 |
| Rachel, Jane and I ( this is the year Jane and I dropped lots of weight with weight watchers we look pretty fabulous) |
 |
| 27th Birthday! |
 |
| My sister was my birthday surprise! |
 |
28...or a day later! No photos from my 28th birthday, not even sure what we did.
Oh and 29...no idea where those photos went... Detecting a theme since the kidlets were brought into our lives! So 30, a new decade, more memories, bring it on! I am ready for you! Much Love, Dirty 30 style, The Mommy Tree |
I didn't realize Jonathan was such a cradle robber. Happy Birthday
ReplyDeleteYou are gorgeous and beautiful inside and out! Great big B-day hugs!! Jeaner
ReplyDeleteUmmm....why is your post making me cry?! I am such a sap!! Love all the memories, how much we've all changed. Happy happy birthday!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI tried to post this the other day but it looks like it didn't go through... I wish you the happy, happy, happiest of birthday my dear friend!!!! I SO wish I could be there to celebrate with you but know I am thinking of you and wishing you all the best! I love you! xoxoxo
ReplyDelete