Sunday, May 1, 2016

San Francisco Sweetness

It is no secret that San Francisco is by far my favorite US city, maybe even in the world. Especially since these WorldRamblers are limited to trips closer to home.  San Francisco was the most perfect place for Big Daddy Tree's and my first adventure without our boys. It was also a magical place to see my sister and her husband for the first time in 21 months and meet my precious niece.
We utilized our nonstop flights and had a very full four days in the city. I earned every calorie I consumed by walking all those hills. We got super adventurous the first morning we arrived and walked from Union Square to Fisherman's wharf and along the Embarcadero AND back. I may have whined more than I should have! It was a humbling reminder of how far I still have to go in regaining my physical fitness after a doozy of a year. However, the only way to get there is literally one step at a time!














Anyways, the food was amazing. The company was even better.  We fell in love a little bit more, with each other, with the city. My heart is so full and I can't wait to go back again.
My niece is perfect and my sister is an amazing mother, so incredible to see her and her husband as parents. They were even so trusting of us that they let us hang out with sweet Hadley girl so they could attend a wedding. That time is something I will cherish for the rest of my life. With each vacation I feel like it is harder to return to reality. The only thing to cure vacation withdrawals is to plan another one...

San Francisco has only one drawback, Tis hard to leave - Rudyard Kipling


All the love in the world....especially to my fellow San Francisco lovers,
The Mommy Tree

1 comment:

  1. What a fun trip!
    We visited SF last year for a whirlwind 24 hours. It was to watch one of the World Series games. We drove 7 hours, watched the game, crashed, woke, turned around and drove right back home. I'd LOVE to go for more than a handful of hours.

    ReplyDelete