Declan's the size of a squash!
Baby already measures about 15.2 to 16.7 inches long. Right now, he weighs about 2.5 to 3.8 pounds but he's still got a ways to go -- He will triple his weight before birth!
This weekend my mom and I went out to California to surprise my Grandpa for his 80th birthday! My mom managed to keep it a secret from my Grandpa, Grandma and my Aunt Carol! They knew my mom was coming but didn't know that I would be there. We had a great time! We went golfing on Thursday, I could only manage about six holes. It was a little awkward and a little strenuous on the round ligaments(Hello intense burning!). It was also super windy and a little on the chilly side, lucky for us my Grandma and I were in the cart with the pull down sides and heater! Friday we went over to Napa to my aunts house and to celebrate my Grandpas birthday over there. She was super excited to see us too! We had a great time lounging and eating. For those of you, like me, with extensive prayer lists who adds anyone who needs a little extra help to your daily prayers. Please keep my aunt in your prayers. She has had some nagging health problems and has to have another surgery in the next few weeks. Because of these health problems she was unable to come for our wedding, due to the same surgery. And as life would have it, now that Declans arrival is on the horizon, she has to have another one. Let's just hope this one is effective and quick. That she is able to heal and be strong and able to meet her great nephew.
My mom and I just had a really wonderful time getting to spend time with Grams and Gramps and Aunt Carol, also each other. Its nice to have such an easy and enjoyable travel companipon. The obvious thing that was missing: JONATHAN! He decided after much consideration that he needed to save up his time off from work for when the baby comes. How could I argue with that? I was very excited to be back at home with Jonathan last night, in fact so was Declan. He kicks, punches like crazy when he hears his Daddy's voice. It is just adorable.
Praying for your family :)
ReplyDelete