Declan is almost 16 months old! WHOA! He is just so darn cute right now, and starting to learn that we think so and so does everyone else. He loves to be around lots of people! The other night we were at a Camp BBQ and he was running around the circle pointing at everyone, smiling so big and saying "you, you, you." So CUTE!
He loves all kinds of foods. Right now he loves apples, he wants to hold his own apple and gnaw on it. He loves hummus or "hummy", pineapple, which is also an apple, cheese, "bars" or fig bars. He still loves pasta and pizza. He "bock bocks" when we ask if he wants any chicken. Seriously so funny and gag inducing at the same time. He says "mease" and "taint you" but usually with some prompting. He also has started saying "mommy" and "daddy" instead of just "mama" and "dada." I even swear there is something that he says that sounds like I love you. He still does his signs, but does them much less now that he knows and can say the words. Don't even think of taking away his blanket or his cow cow. Because there will be endless cries of "cowcow, cowcow....blankie, blankie...." Good thing we have two back up cow cows, although we only have one blanket.
He also LOVEs to run around with the doggies! Especially if we let him go naked then it is endless squeals! He is also a climber on anything and everything. Makes me quite nervous but he is learning to climb down safely. HE IS BUSY. If we leave the back door open, he will just climb right through the slats on the security door...And of course being that he is an Aquarius and a water dragon, he LOVES the water. By love I mean will completely drench himself in less than 10 seconds. I finally decided a few weeks ago that when he goes outside we go out in our swimsuit and hat. To help limit the amount of outfit changes in one day. He also knows how to drive...Last year I bought him a power wheels Viper at a garage sale for $40! He was only 4 months at that time but now he says car, can turn it on and even push the gas pedal. He hasn't mastered the finesse yet, but I am sure it is coming! He has 6 teeth that are in completely and 3 that are pushing their way through. He wants to chew on everything. By everything I mean anything hard, the rim of a plastic bottle, essential oil containers. He stole the wooden dowels that fix my desk together to chew on them! Poor baby! But finally he will be able to eat the foods he wants to eat. For the time being, he just chews it up as much as he can and spits it out partially digested.
Gosh, I really miss writing on this blog. I have been creating a blog for Camp Enchantment. Camp Enchantment is a week long camp for children who have or have had cancer. This is where Jonathan and I met. Where Jonathan got his brother back in the midst of all of his treatments. It is part of who we are. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go check out our new blog for camp and follow us! You can also subscribe via email. I will be writing there all next week! CAMP ENCHANTMENT BLOG
So much love to share,
The Mommy Tree
GREAT update Tara! So great to see the love you have come through your writing:) Hugs!
ReplyDeleteHe IS so cute right now! Just love Declan and his silly personality. Going outside in bathing suits is the best idea ever. Definitely implementing that one STAT! See you later today! xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteThose pictures of Declan crawling through the door are hilarious! What a great age he's at! I checked out your Camp Enchantment blog...what an amazing organization! That's so wonderful you guys are so involved with that camp. You have such a huge heart Tara!!
ReplyDeleteI love seeing him with his cow cow :) Hugs, Jeaner
ReplyDeletedo you have a water table you'd recommend?
ReplyDeleteI love these pictures and I LOVE you!! I'm so SO SO happy that I got to spend time with the wonderful Maples this last week. You guys are so filled with joy and Declan is the happiest little boy I've ever met. So glad I got to see him while I was in town. Miss you all!
ReplyDelete