- Cloth Diapering
- Real plates (using paper AND I don't care who judges!)
- Meals that use too many pots/pans/dishes
- Organization
- My own laundry ( the kids are at least in clean clothes)
LuxuriousDaily showers- A clean house
- Crafts, hobbies, photo books...sigh
Hmm...sounds like all those things you might need to run a household...Ugh! Welcome to the world of parenting with two kids, while still adjusting. I am in the stage of how the hell am I supposed to start school on Thursday and eventually go back to work??? I have no idea. This conversation came about the other day when Jonathan and I decided we are desperate for Declan to want to use the potty. Trust me this kid is too smart for his own britches, so he knows how to use the potty, he just doesn't want to. Usually it is because he doesn't want to stop playing to go to the bathroom. So any suggestions/helpful hints/success stories are much appreciated. We woefully were looking at the beautiful collection of cloth diapers and Jonathan looks at me and says "CLOTH DIAPERING? AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!"
And he is right...at least in our house, right now. Someday, hopefully soon!
Things we do have time for:
- Playing
- Running around outside even though lately it has been super windy and way too cold.
- Stories, lots of them
- Make believe and pretend ( there is a pretend monster lurking around our house, he has long fur, according to Declan he is "cute" and "he steals crackers.")
- Parenthood episodes during the kiddos naps
- Costco runs on Sunday morning, WHEN THEY DON'T SELL WINE! Seriously happened the last three weekends. I need to get my act together and go on Saturday morning or something!
- A massage - I have had the worst tension headaches and my shoulders are killing me. I realized I have horrible posture while feeding Calem and probably throughout the day. We also moved the glider back into our room so I can now use it to feed Calem. I was just feeding him with pillows behind my back on our bed, again another facepalm moment. Also special thanks for Jonathan watching both boys!
- Family and Friends - always, always, always
- Snuggles and cuddles
Life with two is exhausting. Seriously exhausting. I spend every awake moment the boys have playing with them, reading, cuddling, you name it. I chop vegetables for dinner during nap, clean up and maybe get in a quick shower. Right now I am enjoying those moments. Because I know they won't want to play with me all day in years to come and they might not say " mommy/daddy I need you!"
Cherishing feeling needed,
The Mommy Tree
'Good Mom's have messy kitchens and sticky floors'. Ain't that the truth!! Sounds like you are doing a wonderful job being a Mom! The rest can wait. Also, we haven't been doing cloth diapers since the whole rash thing with Autumn. I just haven't found the time to strip them. And I only have one kid. Hahaha!
ReplyDeleteLove to you to all of you!! Hang in there you will get through this. This was where Brian and I were at this time last year. It's an adjustment and you will find a way to make it work for you all. Declan sounds similar to Nathanial, super busy, smart and in the terrible twos. In the beginning Brian and I did an assortment of cloth diapers and disposables; now we are back to cloth. Nathanial didn't want to use the potty either. It helps to set a routine, like use the potty in the morning as part of getting dress, after meals, before naps, something that works for your schedule and is somewhat a natural break in activities and above all stay consistent and calm. If he refused, I would try again a few minutes later. At some point I got frustrated and said no more diapers and we purchased underwear that he picked out. This did mean a lot of accidents and extra laundry but it helped him realize that he now needed a whole outfit change and this takes longer than using the potty. He still has a few accidents, especially when he is busy and doesn't want to be interrupted, and he stills wears a diaper at night time.
ReplyDeleteAs for food, anytime anyone asked how they could help, my answer was always bring food. I have also started cooking only once a month and freezing it. For a long time, I used nap time for dinner prep but when I took away the diapers Nathanial decided that he didn't need to nap (with big changes he has always had disrupted sleep) and then dinner would end up being hummus and crackers and carrot sticks; whatever I could pull out of the fridge and cupboard in 5 minutes.
Our house is still a mess, laundry gets done but folding and putting away are optional at best, organizing is non-existent and "me-time" , well I don't know what that is anymore. At least I am now able to get showers consistently.
This is a wonderful time and I found it best to embrace it for all it is.
They don't sell wine at Costco on Sunday mornings?! That should be illegal. LOL.
ReplyDeleteLove you!
I'm amazed you are still blogging as much as you are!! I'm terrible at it… but I love reading your posts! :) Love YOU! Arielle
ReplyDelete