During week 22, Baby Maple is growing so fast and taking over what used to be my space. Leading to shortness of breath and an achy back. However, I work in a hospital and stand on my feet for the better part of the day, so nothing new or a whole different kind of ouch, who knows! Also my belly button has gotten extremely shallow; however, this week with the rapid growth my innie belly button may actually pop out. I have to admit, I find this somewhat mortifying. I have been on the outlook for the start of any stretch marks ( one of my big fears!) Every night we use our MotherLove Belly salve and I try to moisturize throughout the day. But bottom line, it has a lot to do with genetics and thank goodness!
Baby is looking more and more like a newborn. More developed eyes and lips and he now sleeps in cycles for about 12 to 14 hours per day. I can now tell when he is sleeping and when he isn't, based on how much movement I feel. Jonathan also felt him kick for the first time!!
Jonathan here: This initial part is a beautiful post about
a beautiful thing called…baby love. Baby
love is this phenomenon that happens when you discover the gender of your baby
and begin feeling his first kicks. Speaking
of gender, I am still so proud of my swimmers for willing our baby to be a
boy. I’m going to create a t-shirt with the
universal sign for males that says “I support my local swimmers.” I think that’d be a great shirt. Now don’t get me wrong, Tara has a much
bigger part to do now!
At some point, having a baby come into your life feels as
natural as going for a walk, wanting a root beer float or taking a really sweet
2hr afternoon nap. It just feels right and wonderful. Tara and I are there and, perhaps we have
been there for a long time. We have gone
shopping for clothes and outfits and all the fun things that make having a baby
well…fun. I can’t wait till this next Halloween. I’m going to swaddle him up as Yoda and go as
a Jedi! THE FORCE IS STRONG WITH THIS
ONE. Unfortunately, our little sapling
has a little TOO much force. You know
how when you’re sleeping and say, the power goes out, your fan goes off and before you know you
wake up because the white noise has stopped?
Apparently, little growing babies are affected in the same way. Except, in his case, the white noise happens
to be all the sounds that come as his mama is hustling around, wooing him into
bliss like a vibrating, sloshing, Swedish massage uterus. He is in Hog Heaven when she is her busiest and
he sleeps like a dream. Well guess what a
“power outage” is in baby land? That’s
right…when Mama sleeps. Everything is…still…and
quiet…you can…barely…hear her breathe as she drifts off to slee…OMFG WHAT WAS
THAT. Enter Chuck Norris roundhouse
kick#1 right to the bottom of the belly.
WTF…is this baby trying to
bust out of here? Kick #2…then #3. He spins and twirls and kicks and break dances
inside Tara’s belly while she is trying to sleep. >_<
What in carnation are you supposed to do when your wife
describes a giant melon sized game of dreidel going on in her belly? Good place to start is: get ready for bed
earlier than normal, lukewarm bath before bed, foot rub, lotion on calves, foot
rub, calf rub, sweet nothings, foot rub.
All that together and we seem to get a good response out of Tara and
Baby Maple. We also learned a cool trick
with ice packs. If we need him to move
to relieve a certain area of her baby bump use an ice pack. He’ll jump away from that area like a PETA
member from a fish taco.
There is also another phenomena that has been happening to
Tara. She totally has the I’m pregnant
glow…and it is amazing. She is just…even
more incredibly beautiful than before.
Guys, I have to tell you, if you’re on the fence about kids or just
thinking about it, stop thinking and knock your lady up. It is seriously SO worth it. I’m telling you, all the parts you loved
before get even better! It’s like every woman’s chance to have super
model features (the magazine photo shopped kind). Flawless skin, bigger boobs a sustained burst
of energy…the works. You have this time
frame in there where you may just find her more irresistible than ever before! We have been doing a lot of reading to our
baby and we even busted out my old DJ headphones and played some music for him. To top it off, we are getting in the habit of
doing yoga each night. It feels good and
I feel like we are getting ready for the big Hike on D-Day!
Such a fun blog that shows your love for each other and our bundle of joy!
ReplyDelete