Friday, October 21, 2011

27 WEEKS! Saying goodbye to the 2nd trimester...

27 weeks, the last week in the second trimester. I can't believe how fast time is going by. Of course on the not so wonderful days, I often wonder "how much longer?" But when I really think about it, time is just flying by. Despite the magnesium that I started taking, I am still having leg cramps at night and of course, difficulty sleeping.
 I have upped the workouts in hopes to tire myself out a little more. We are still walking everyday and I increased my reps and weight on my arm weights, increased squats and now I am adding resistance training with the bands. Not sure yet if my new plan is working... Not to mention it really has helped with the lower back pain and with the swelling that happens while standing on my feet for the better part of 12 hours while at work.
Declan...what is he up to this week. He weighs almost two pounds, about the size of a head of cauliflower. He is sleeping and waking at regular intervals. He can open and close his eyes and may be sucking on his fingers. He is really active these days and its nice that other people besides me are able to feel him move and kick. Jonathan put his head on my stomach in hopes to hear him move around and he got a fist or a foot to the temple and to the cheek! We can also feel him move. Not just move an arm or leg, but actually move his whole body from one side of his snuggly home to the next. Pretty amazing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment