Monday, October 31, 2011

Hello 3rd trimester! 28 Weeks!

Welcome to the third trimester! Now Declan can blink his eyes and he may be able to see some of the light that gets filtered in through the womb. He is busy developing billions of neurons in his brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.
Today marks the start of every two week appointments with the midwife, whoa. In fact today was my 28 week appointment and the day of the dreaded glucose tolerance test. However, it really wasn't so bad. They let me take the Glucola home after my last appointment, so I could drink it 30 minutes before I came in and then my midwife drew my blood during my appointment, easy peasy! Also i really can't say enough wonderful things about the birth center or the midwives that work there. It is a completely different feeling walking into the birth center. Water fountains and a pond on the way in and a homey casita feel. I feel relaxed walking into my appointments. It feels like our little bambino is already head down! Yay! My midwife said babies who are typically head down at this stage, usually stay head down. We will have another ultra sound on the 18th of November just to check him out. But also to reevaluate his little kidneys. After the 20 week ultrasound, the neonatalogist suggested a ultrasound around 30 weeks because "a physiologic amount of pyelectasis was seen bilaterally." Which means that the central part of the kidney is slightly enlarged. This could mean a variety of different things; however, working where I work I immediately thought the worst. I am fortunate to work with a wonderful pediatric urologist, who told me that it typically is not anything to worry about. It is fairly common in utero and then no problems after birth. Although we will be doing an ultrasound just to ease mommies mind!

Baby Maple Info:
  • 28 Weeks!
  • Probably 2 1/4 lbs
  • About 14.8 inches from head to toe!
  • Heart Rate 144

    We had an absolutely fabulous weekend in Angel Fire this past weekend! It was nice to relax and just spend time with each other!


No comments:

Post a Comment