Tuesday, November 15, 2011

31 WEEKS!

EEEEeeeeekkkk! WEEK 31! What a week....Most importantly lets talk about baby. Baby is officially 3lbs and 15oz. Weighing in at the 57th percentile. Which is a little bit above the average, but all within the healthy range. We had a "baby date" today and he was all snuggled up against his placenta of a blanket, so we could see much of his face. He did give us multiple views of his scrotum, so yes we are sure he is a boy! We saw his kidneys but of course we won't know what the deal is until the perinatalogist reviews the ultrasound and sends all the information to my midwife. Our next appointment is the 2nd of December so we will keep you updated.
This week has been a little stressful. I did not pass my three hour glucose that happened last friday. I had to get three out of four within the normal range...and I only got two. So...I had to go Diabetic Counseling on Wednesday afternoon. Met with the Nurse Practioner at Center for Prenatal Development to go over eating habits, exercise, difference between protein and carbohydrates, glycemic index etc. I have to test my blood sugars about four times a day. The NP was very positive and encouraging and said she would be shocked if I had abnormal blood sugars, but she did say that I may just be more sensitive to carbohydrates. She also said considering how much I have decreased my sugar intake in the last few years, including giving up corn syrup, that drinking 100grams of glucose might have just been system overload. I have not been given the official diagnosis of Gestational Diabetes, but you better believe to protect Declan and myself we are eating like it. So far so good. I have yet to have an abnormal blood sugar. I go back on Monday afternoon to go over all of my levels and figure out the next step. So happy to say that it didn't look like Declan was a meatball of a baby and he looked proportionate and he looks like his daddy!

Declan's still the size of a squash!
  • He's going through major brain and nerve development.
  • Eye development, too. His irises now react to light!
  • All five of his senses are in working order.




This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He is moving a ton! Still head down but rolling his butt and legs from one side to the next.








1 comment:

  1. You look so pretty and glowing! I will continue to pray for you. I'm sorry to hear that your one test didn't come out as planned, but God is faithful. Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete