Saturday, December 3, 2011

33 WEEKS!!! 7 WEEKS to go!

Yay for 33 weeks! I say 7 weeks left to go, but that is 7 weeks until my official due date. I am officially 37 weeks on December 30th. Which means that Declan could come anytime after that. I am so so excited, not nervous, not scared, just ready and so excited. I feel so blessed.
We had another appointment with the midwife and so far everything is right on schedule. My belly is measuring right at 33 cm, which is perfect for 33 weeks. Declan was super active when our midwife, Abigail, was trying to listen for his heartbeat. I would just like to give some recognition to Abigail, because I truly feel that she is one of the best. I saw a lot of different midwifes at UNMH and no one is as down to earth, knowledgeable and as comforting as Abigail. Last week was extremely stressful between being on the "Gestational Diabetes Watch", getting a stomach bug, anticipating the results of our last ultrasound. After our visit with Abigail, I felt relief. True relief. That everything really was going to be ok, that everything that was going on was perfect for our pregnancy. She is a blessing.
Ultrasound results said there was still pylectasis in the left kidney. The perinatalogist wanted another ultrasound check at 35 weeks, just to check the progress. If no improvement, Declan will have to have a renal ultrasound after birth. We have another ultrasound on the 15th of December just to reevaluate his size, making sure he is not growing bigger or faster than he should. We will make sure to keep you updated.
Also this weekend was the baby shower! My mom, Kait, and Rachel threw a wonderful "Winter Wonderland" themed baby shower for Declan and myself! Words can not describe how much fun we had and how touched I was by everyones generousity.

1 comment:

  1. Sassy momma! You look great! I missed seeing you at the shower, but I am so happy you had such a wonderful time! You deserve the very best!

    This Matt now, and I only have one question to pose to everyone out there, when snow melts, where does all the white go?

    ReplyDelete