Anywhere from 4-8 weeks left to go! I could sit here and try to figure out when he is going to come, earlier or later, but that baby is going to come when he is good and ready!
Jonathan and I took this wonderful series of birth classes called 'Blissborn.' I know I have talked about it before, but trust me, its worth talking about it ALL the time! Laura Wood and her sister Shelley Black started this program together. It is an amzing hypnosis program centered around preparing couples for a better birth. As humans, mammals whatever, we were built to grow and birth our children without the help of unecessary medical interventions. Now trust me, as a nurse, I know there are circumstances for medical intervention etc. However, the majority of the population can birth babies with out medical intervention.
Anyways....Blissborn. It is a wonderful series of classes, five classes for five weeks. All centered around self hypnosis and birth. Our instructor, Laura, was wonderful. In fact so wonderful, that when I was having some serious anxiety about all this blood sugar business, I went to see her outside of our classes for some extra help. We are so sad that our classes are over, but both of us feel confident and excited to have our baby. There is no fear, just acceptance.
If you want more information about the program here is the website and they are also on Facebook!
http://blissbornonline.com/
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Blissborn-Birth-Hypnosis-Youre-built-for-a-better-birth/107031109330464
So I also feel like I should address the concerns of some friends and family who have a certain opinion about us delivering at the birth center. Yes, I do know that there are such things as "Labor and Delivery Emergencies." Yes, I have heard all of the stories around worst possible scenarios and the worst labor and delivery stories ever. Guess what, I went to nursing school and I am still a nurse, and I still hear the stories. Here is the other thing, when you are pregnant, people seem to want to tell you all of the bad labor stories and very few good ones. But maybe that is what is wrong with our society, with the United States in general. Birth is natural, it is a good thing. The birth center carefully screens all of its patients, the midwives are the best of the best, if they are concerned I get to go to the hospital. I trust them. They have emergency equipment, but no I can't have a c-section, but I can be transferred in a medical emergency in less than six minutes. So on behalf of Jonathan and I, and your love for us. Please know that we have informed ourselves or evey option, we have researched, we are prepared. We made the best decision for us and for our family. It may not be your choice, but please accept our decision and support us as we enter the final stage.
Amen, sister!! We fully support you. SO excited for you guys...can't believe how fast it is creeping up! We get to meet Declan so sooooon!!!!
ReplyDeletexo, Jane
Love you all! Can't wait to see our long awaited little man!
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to let you know that I fully support you and I am so excited for you. I also wanted to give you a fun labor story. A friend of mine in Virginia had a natural birthing plan, and as such she wanted to wait for the last possible moment to go to the hospital. Well, it turns out she waited so long [I wont say too long because she was listening to her body], she delivered in her bathroom at her house. Her husband, while on the phone with 911, delivered her happy healthy baby. And when they share their story - it isn't filled with details of panic - but rather joy and excitement. I truly believe that everything is going to go great!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the blog so much!
ReplyDelete