Tuesday, December 13, 2011

35 WEEKS!

ANYWHERE FROM 2-7 WEEKS LEFT!!!
35 Week ultrasound!

Our sweet baby boy's nose and mouth. He was snuggled up next to his placenta blanket so we were unable to see his face. This photo is from the 30 week ultrasound. This time we got 3D photos of his "baby moon" or his boy bits!
  • He weighs 5lbs 9oz, according to the ultrasound. This puts him in the 44th percentile. It is so tight in there we are unable to tell about how long he is, but he is strong and still very active.
  • He is head down!
  • Declan's hearing is fully developed, but babies respond best to high pitched noises (he likes Christmas Carols!)
  • His testes should be fully descended, it also looks that way on ultrasound.
  • His kidneys are fully functioning (we are still praying for strong healthy kidneys! According to the ultrasound that we had on the 15th his left kidney is still dilated. Now we won't know specifically what that means till after he is born and we have a renal ultrasound.)
  • His face will be a big surprise! At every ultrasound he is smashed into his placenta blanket, that we aren't able to see his face. Truthfully I really like that what he looks like will be a surprise.
  • He is just beautiful. Everything about him is just perfect. Jonathan and I made this little boy out of love, and really nothing can beat that.

What is up with Mommy?
  • I  got cleared from my diabetes educator! I don't have gestational diabetes! I don't have to go on medication!
  • I am still going to be super careful with my diet, higher protein, lower carbohydrate, low glycemic index.
  • I gained 1/2 lb in 2 weeks, makes up for my 5.5lb weight gain that happened over a 3 week period. 28.5 lbs gained so far.
  • Fundal height is measuring at 34 weeks. Still 35 weeks gestation! No change in due date!
  • I am having some swelling in my feet, super dry skin, super super tired.
  • My current bedtime is 8:30pm every night, I wake up about every 3 hours. When I wake up its either to pee or eat... or both.
  • I have to eat small portions all day long because he has either his legs or butt pressed into my stomach, so I don't feel too great if I eat too much.
  • I am getting so excited! Not scared, not nervous, just really really excited!
  • All we have to do is make it two more weeks than he can come anytime after that!
  • So so ready to be a mommy and for Jonathan to be a daddy! So in love with our little boy!
What is up with Daddy?
  •  I have been busy trenching and planning how our family will eat once the Zombie Apocalypse is upon us.  As long as I keep my lovely bride fed, Declan will eat.
  • I have fallen ever more in love with Tara as I've watched how strong and beautiful she continues to be.  She is still working three 12 hour days and has done amazing Christmas baking!!  WOW!
  • I have been working with an EXCELLENT mechanic to get our vehicles in tip top shape.  If you need a mobile mechanic, you'll love Wayne from ONB Automotive.
  • I am busy rubbing Tara's legs and hands to give her some relief.
  • I have been getting lots of friend time with swimming, grabbing lunch and just hanging out.  I am excited for everyone to meet my son.
  • Tara's pillows aren't really helping...I think Declan uses the nights to prepare for the big day that only HE knows when it will be!
  • I have just loved spending time with Tara and we are both ready for our baby boy....this of course could be the calm before the storm.  For the record, I had all my hair when I was 30.
  • To our faithful readers, I deeply apologize for dropping off the face of the blogging planet!  My lovely bride has been keeping this going strong and I promise to have something special for our next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment