Phew! 36 weeks...this week is just the final stepping stone before 37 weeks. 37 weeks is the official "green light." After that week, Declan is considered full term and is free to come whenever he wants! I have a feeling that it will be closer to 40-41 weeks before he graces us with his sweet little face. He is busy putting on weight and getting ready for his big debut. He is still learning to breathe and has the hiccups at least once a day. The other night I was convinced he was having a dance party in the womb! Jonathan and I both were up at various points in the night, laughing and giggling at all of his antics. With parents like us how could we expect to have a calm and chill baby?!
Mommy is beyond exhausted. This time I am being honest. I was doing great up until this past week. Work kicked my butt, it was busy and hectic. My ankles swelled like crazy while being on my feet. My blood pressure is within normal limits, as is my blood sugar. I was slightly disappointed at my midwife appointment to find out that the diabetes educator labeled me "diet controlled diabetic." Even though that is not what she had told me at our appointment. However, the stress of not having these appointments and feeling like I might be put on medication has had a positive effect on my morning blood sugars, which is wonderful news. Bottom line is I can deliver at the birth center and everything is as its supposed to be.
We were supposed to make it up to Los Alamos on Friday for a maternity photo session...However, we have had a good amount of snow here in New Mexico. Enough that on Thursday night they closed the roads to Los Alamos from Albuquerque and it was still severe driving conditions on Friday morning. We ended up not going. I am so disappointed. Hopefully it will work out later this week or weekend to make it up there to do the shoot!
No comments:
Post a Comment