Friday, January 6, 2012

38 Weeks!

Declan is the size of a watermelon!
38 weeks.....and now we wait...I just feel so blessed. I think I have said that in multiple blog posts. However, I think it everyday and try to remember to tell Jonathan how much I love him. Also how thankful and ecstatic that we are on this new and exciting adventure together. Very different from any of our worldly, camp, family adventures, but so far it has been amazing. Together we make an incredible team and we are so blessed to be able to have shared this adventure with one another.
So far I don't feel like Declan is coming anytime soon. He is still loving to kick my diaphragm and stick his feet out and above my ribs on the side. Still moving around like crazy!I am still trucking along, still not waddling. I am still working. Twelve hour shifts are a little rough. Lucky for me I have a job where when we are finished with our patients, I can go home. Also the nurses I work with have been wonderful in reminding me to sit with my feet up or trying to send me home. Although I think if I could have a nap every day at 3:30pm I would be a happy baby mama! This past week I did develop a skin rash associated with pregnancy. Surprise, surprise. How did I possibly think I was going to escape pregnancy without some sort of skin problem. I have a rash, called PUPPP. It normally shows up in stretch marks, 70% of women who get this, give birth to boy babies....Well I have it, its uncomfortable, and my midwife assured me it will not go away until after I deliver....
  I have really enjoyed pregnancy and getting to know this sweet little boy on this amazing journey. I have enjoyed it so much that I am not quite ready for this pregnancy to be over. However, when he tells me and his daddy that he is ready, so are we.
Our bag is packed, his bag is packed, the car seats bases are in both cars. His nursery is in the final stages, the glider is up and in place. All of these "things" are great, but bottom line is he is going to be welcomed into our loving arms, he will have food to eat and a place to sleep, and lots and lots of love. That is what matters.
 Also Declan's Daddy, has created a baby pool so you can take a guess on when our sweet baby boy will be arriving and how big, long he might be, and what color his eyes and hair will be!

http://bebepool.com/go/?a=BigDaddyTree&view=list

Make sure you take your guesses before he is actually born! I gave Jonathan quite the startle today because I have had multiple braxton hicks contractions today, yesterday too. Truth is we just don't know when he is coming! 
Declan's nursery (still in progress!)


Also special congratulations to our dear friends Ceaser and Stacey, who welcomed their second baby girl into the world on the first day of 2012! Looks like its going to be a beautiful year!
Proud Daddy and Beautiful Momma with baby Olivia!  Just missing big sister Addisyn
Beautiful baby girl Olivia. Born on January 1st!









1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the maple tree on his wall! That turned out so well! Jonathan, you touch my heart when you write about Tara. The love that you show is such an awesome thing! It's wonderful to see a man expressing himself so openly and lovingly. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete