Friday, January 13, 2012

39 Weeks!

He could come at any moment....Mind you I have never done this before, but I just don't feel like he is coming this week. Sorry to disappoint those of you who are anxiously awaiting. Maybe he is waiting till my brother Ryan's graduation from the Fire Academy, which is happening on Declan's due date, to make his big arrival. Test all of Ryan's medic skills...just kidding.
On Wednesday, I went down to 8 hour shifts at work. It was getting to be a little too difficult for me to be on my feet or sitting, with my feet just hanging, for 12 hours. I was exhausted and the swelling is really uncomfortable. I only have 3 more shifts before I am officially done with work!!! My last day is the 18th! After that I will be spending my days in front of the pellet stove in my fabulous glider. My dad and Kelly bought us a beautiful glider, that I have sat in EVERY day since it got here last Friday. It is absolutely wonderful. My favorite thing lately has been to sit in the chair with my feet near the fireplace and do our birth hypnosis!
Jonathan and I are more than prepared for birth and beyond excited! Our bag is packed, his bag is packed, his car seat blanket and boppy cover just came in. Now we just have to keep waiting! I opted out of having my midwife check my cervix this morning, because 1) I didn't feel like it, and she gave me the option, 2) what difference does it make if I am not dilated or dilated to 3 cm, he is coming when he is coming and things could change in an instant. If I have not delivered by next Friday we are going to do what is called a Bio Physical Profile. This consists of 30 minutes on a monitor to do a Non-Stress Test. Also it includes an ultrasound to check fluid levels etc. The general idea is to make sure that Declan is still having big movements, little movements, is breathing appropriately, and that his amniotic fluid level is within normal limits. The reason for the extra testing is because of the gestational diabetes. Even though I have diet controlled gestational diabetes, it puts Declan and I in a different risk category. There are some really yucky things that could happen and because of that, they monitor a little closer as we pass full term. Normally, the midwives wouldn't do any of these things until 41 weeks on a "normal, uncomplicated" pregnancy, but for me it starts at week 40. In fact our midwife gave us all of the ways to naturally induce labor if we are ready...but I think I will hold off for a little bit until I start feeling like he is ready. We did have a "baby date" yesterday and everything is right on schedule, he is the perfect size for him and also fits in the "normal" category for 39 weeks.
--------------
Jonathan Here - Well it's official for me.  I've switched into nesting mode.  With Declan's due date 5 days out, I've been getting the house ready from top to bottom.  I actually vacuumed the floor in the Laundry Room.  That's right all baskets, clothes...everything was done or put away and the floor was cleaned spotless!  Maybe this isn't as big a deal for everyone else, but well...3 years in this house and I don't know the last time (never!) that I did that.  I told Tara that while I am nesting, she is nest egging.  She has been heartily enjoying her new glider while her body puts the final touches on our baby boy.  I somewhat expect that he will hang on for a bit longer.  We have been taking daily pictures and it doesn't seem like he has dropped.

Many of you have given us wonderful hand made items and I JUST got my external flash for my DSLR.  I'm going to be shooting up a storm and can't wait to get him in some of the super cute things our amazing friends and family have made.   Keep an eye out for pics of your goods on our baby boy in coming posts :)  I'm not an expert yet; however, I have been hacking my point and shoots ever since we visited Hong Kong and I learned how.  So I'm hoping to pick up the tricks fast.  If any of you with experience on DSLR's have advice, post a comment and share away!!


ALSO...the settings on the blog have been changed so hopefully it is much easier to post comments. PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!!! It is one of the ways we know people are reading the blog. And as far as comments go I think we have about 4-6 followers! So please please please leave comments!

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait for my little nephew!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My darling Declan! You have such a wonderful loving family awaiting your arrival!

      Delete
  2. Baby Declan!! I simply cannot wait to meet you. My preggo hormones will not be able to take it-it makes me gush just thinking of your arrival! So excited for you and Jon, Tara! Any day now-yippee!

    All my love, Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes four and five! Nick and Lins here! We are super excited for Declan to be here and can't wait to see you both blossom (even more than you already have) into the most amazing parents. You have shared your most personal thoughts and feelings with us all and we are so happy and thankful to be a part of your journey. Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooooo exciting! Seriously can't wait for Declan's arrival!! Love you all more than you know!
    Auntie Rachel
    I finally figured out how to comment :)

    ReplyDelete