Saturday, January 28, 2012

AWAKENING


The final stage upon us as the world watches on
My bride and baby dance together a new stage is begun.

Her instincts are arising and as every mother knows
10,000 generations past, throughout her body flows.

The love of all our Mother’s has no height it cannot reach
It is love done unconditional to their babies that they speak.

So while she works to urge him on and bring him forth womb
Send her your love and gently speak and we shall meet him soon.


We have quietly closed our doors to the world while we work together with Declan.  He is ready to come and we are ready for him.  Tara has been doing her Blissborn (picture) and I have been massaging her legs and feet, encouraging her, giving her positive affirmations and letting our little sapling know it is time for him to join us.  Last night we watched August Rush.  We will do much the same today, walking, laughing, enjoying each other and at 4:00 p.m., I have scheduled her a deep tissue massage with someone who is very knowledgeable about pregnancy and pressure points. She is in a good place.

NEW TERM:  SPEED BUMP HUNTING.  DEFINITION: The art of finding speed bumps and driving over them at high speed to bounce your pregnant bride and baby while giving him positive affirmations.  APPLICATION: Oh this was fun!  Usually, my baby mama is begging me to go slow over these little devilish bumps of contraction inducing delight.  Usually, Big Daddy Tree is apologizing for hitting the speed bump at 15 MPH instead of 10 MPH because he just ruffled the well groomed feathers of his mate who was comfortably sitting in the passenger seat.  Well folks…last night it was time for the unusual….AND WHAT FUN IT WAS!!   I hunted speed bumps like a vampire killer in Transylvania.  Around and around:  East side of Campbell, Matthew Meadows, Mountain, the Lowe’s parking lot, Valley High School.  You’d have thought I was an Aussie Big Rig in the middle of the Outback.  I was poppin’ off speed bumps faster than a Boxing Nun jabs a Jumping Kangaroo! BAM!  I even jumped the curve on the right side and smacked it down MULTIPLE TIMES.  And do you know what happened?  Did I get in trouble?  Did my wife give me the laser look of face melting death? (oh you know the one guys…we get it at least 3 times a day)  NOOO!!  In fact…SHE WAS GIGGLING!!!  LAUGHING!!  Oh what a sweet wonderful outlet of revenge!!  All my moments of bad driving and jostling and forgetting to slow down converged into one BLISSFUL 45min escapade where the object was: HIT, JUMP, RAMP OFF ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING YOU CAN JUST DON’T BREAK THE CAR!!!  Folks, It was second nature (perhaps even first nature) to drive this way.  To have it endorsed by my lovely bride was nothing short of incredible.  My personal circuit recommendation is:  East side of Campbell (there and back) will net you 12 speedbumps.  Then head down Matthew for 3 really good speed bumps by the irrigation ditch.  Then, and ohhhh you’re gonna love this, go to the Lowe’s parking lot on 12th and Menaul.  There are 2 speed bumps on the entrance from 12th which are nothing short of suspension ending, car tearing, bumper dropping, phallic ridges of doom (hit those at 15-20mph!).  You can make a nice little figure 8 and get about 4 hits every minute without inducing car sickness and leaving rubber at your turn points.  We must have done 10 laps there alone.  Ahhh, good times.  I will keep you all posted.  I have both our phones and Tara will not be checking her Facebook or Emails.  We love LOVE LOVVVVVEEE you all!

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait! All of our love and prayers are with you during these final stages.
    Love,
    The Bruntons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful-I love that you two are really enjoying these last wonderful moments together :-) Sending you more and more positive affirmations and all of my strength, prayers, patience, and love.

    love, Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea that speed bumps could induce contractions and labor. Sounds like Jonathan had fun! Did it work?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending lots and lots of love and happy thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete