- Jonathan and I met at Camp in 2003 in Alamogordo. He was not very friendly. He was very skeptical about my reasons for coming to camp. Needless to say that that year I was so in love with all of my campers that I spent little to no time getting to know the other counselors.
- We actually met before camp at a pre-camp get together at the old ACS building off of Lomas. I will never forget what he was wearing or what he looked like. So I am going to tell you because I love that memory...He came in late, after our meeting had already started. He was wearing a Manzano soccer shirt, He looked tan (it was actually dirt coating his layer of sunscreen). He was wearing cargo shorts. He was loud and boisterous and he made sure everyone noticed his arrival. He was beautiful.
- But he was unavailable. Oh well.
- I still fell for him anyways and kept it super secret.
- Finally at Camp in 2004 he started to fall for me too. We spent the next year in a most wonderful courtship.
- Finally in 2005, he kissed me. At camp, behind the bunks, it was freezing and so windy. And well, perfect.
- The rest is history
Friday, May 25, 2012
Camp Time
This year Jonathan is going to camp for the whole week and I am going for a brief bit. This year the theme is "Around The World" Of course, also close to our hearts, a collaborated idea between the two of us. There was some serious assumptions from our higher ups that because we
had a baby we were incapable of fulfilling our roles at camp. My position was filled without any conversation, question or concern. As you can
imagine I was wounded to my core. Camp Enchantment is such a big part of
our life. It is not something that we do, it is part of who we are.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment