So the day that I posted the Struggle Bus post, Declan got the stomach flu. We had such a great day jumping at Cool Springs Trampoline Park with Kaiti, Alex, Ryan, Jonathan, Declan and I. So much fun! We got to have our first family dinner at Ryan and Melissa's house, Declan christened their kitchen and Jonathan for that matter. It was a rough night. Declan was sick about every 40 minutes for about 10 hours, then slowly got better. I stayed home to be with him on Thursday, while Jonathan went to work. My mom took Declan on Friday, I went to work as did Jonathan. Jonathan texted me mid-day to say that he had it. Ugh. He went to bed by 4:30 that afternoon, I went to pick up Declan. As I left work I started feeling super nauseous, I made it to my mom's house and through a visit, but had to take a bucket for the ride home. I was miserable for a good 48 hours. I will spare you all the details of the brutalness that we experienced. It was awful and even worse to experience that while pregnant. Bless my mom who came to get Declan on Saturday morning and keep him for 24 hours so we could get some rest and ride out the virus. Super apologies to my poor mom, Auntie Kaiti, Auntie Melissa who all proceeded to get it in the next 24 hours...also to our friend Rachel and Kyle who had it too. It was brutal. I cried ALOT. Both over Declan's pack and play when he was sick and when I was sick.
Things that were helpful:
- I layered Declan's bed: 2 towels & a flat sheet, 2 towels & a flat sheet, 2 towels & a flat sheet. To limit the amount of times we had to change the bed. We also had 4 pillow cases to switch out under his head. We never went through more than just the pillow cases.
- Crushed Ice
- Temporal Thermometer - its so fast you don't even wake the babe
- Don't let the babes chug water even though they cry for it. Give their tummies a break, sleep it out. That goes for adults too, actually.
- Parenthood is not for the faint hearted
- We don't have enough linens and mattress covers for Declan's bed
- Make sure you protect your own bed, D got our sheets in the middle of the night when we picked him up for a cuddle.
- You are never fully prepared for the stomach flu or sickness, but next time I will be pretty darn ready!
- Jonathan's love and devotion to our family
- Living close to family
- Sweet texts from family and dear dear friends
- Sonic Cherry Limeades, saltines, Lipton chicken noodle soup, Sesame Street
- Game of Thrones marathons
- Rice bags and heating pads
- Tylenol (the only thing a pregnant woman can take)
- Our giant bathtub and DoTerra essential oils
Thankful for our health
Much Love,
The Mommy Tree
Aww ~ hope you are feeling lots and lots better!!! Love, Jeaner
ReplyDeleteOh no! I wish I knew you were sick :( hope you are all feeling better now! Love you all! Xoxo
ReplyDeleteOh NO! Glad you guys are on the mend. We got it -- all four of us over Christmas last year. It was ROUGH to say the least...its really hard to care for a sick kid when you feel awful --- you have to find your grit as I call it...which undoubtedly you both have:)
ReplyDeleteFeel better!!
This sounds awful! Hope you all are feeling better now! I seriously dread the day we all get sick. I'll keep your tips for the future! Hope all is well now!!
ReplyDelete