Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Struggle Bus

ATTENTION PASSENGERS: TIME TO EXIT THE STRUGGLE BUS AND GET ON BOARD THE TANTRUM TRAIN...

Umm yes welcome to our house! At least that was yesterday. Struggle Bus: where D$ wakes up cranky and stays cranky or ornery ALL day. We are cutting more molars. His attention span is even shorter than before. He tests his limits more than usual. He makes momma work HARD! And he wants to bite everything, eat nothing, and when he has had enough he sits on the ground and bounces on his bottom and cries and screams. If you are in for a real show, he might lay down and kick his legs while screaming and crying. These moments are short lived. I don't even get stressed by them, but I do have to try really really hard to not laugh out loud or crack a smile. I usually just tell him "I know this is really frustrating for you, but mommy is listening, you may use your words or your signs." Sometimes he stops and then tells me what he needs, sometimes he flips right over puts his head on the carpet on his blanket and just says "nigh nigh." Well there you go.
He isn't the only one on the struggle bus though. I have had the most intense sacral-iliac joint pain. INTENSE. That crazy nerve pain that if you move the wrong way or just stand up, it is sharp enough to take your breath away and make you stop in your tracks. I have an awesome chiropractor and a massage therapist. However, these two awesome things have nothing on the hormone, relaxin, which is just preventing me from exiting the struggle bus. Yesterday Declan took off running straight for the ducks and the water at the zoo. I had to sprint to catch him before he took a little swim with the ducks and the fish. I caught him in time; however, I paid the price for the rest of the day. I am over school. Over it. Over the heat. Bless all of those pregnant women, who are or were, at the end of the pregnancies in these hottest of hot months, yuck. I am ready for the fall!
Also I am thankful for this time too. It means Jonathan gets every other Friday off and he gets to spend that with Declan, which they both love. Rachel is off from teaching and we get to have friend play dates for the whole summer! And my sister and Alex got into town and are here for a week. So for these things and plenty more, this mommy gives thanks.
More interested in puddles and drains than the animals!


Declan, Harper and Kyle watching the zebras

Declan and Kyle on seal watch

Eating the duck food...Poor sweet Declan, HE WAS EXHAUSTED!

7 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, and Declan too :( boo. You are a ROCKSTAR going to school, pregnant with a toddler! I'm exhausted just thinking about it! Hang in there mama, get some rest and take care of yourself. Hope you feel better soon!

    P.S. being 7-8 months pregnant in this heat was horrid! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet momma you can do it!!! You're doing so great!!! Hang in there and hope the pain eases for you!!
    HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet friend please feel better! You're doing such a great job!!! HUGS breathe and dance:) dancing it out always helps. I know back n rib pain from the twins...hang in there as you know it's worth it!!! Sweet grace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you keep a sense of humor in the midst of everything! Love, Love, Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Legit SUPER MOMMY status!! Love you! Hang in there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry mama! You can do it! You are amazing! Thinking of you and hoping you feel better! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can do it! You are amazing! I've always admired your strength and drive. Thinking of you and hoping you feel better soon! Love you!

    ReplyDelete