Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Summer Shenanigans - Swimming

So thankful that yesterday we were able to join our friends for swimming. Tuesday has become my errands, appointments, cram in school day and Declan typically gets to play with one of our babysitters. However, yesterday it just wasn't in the plan...but swimming was WAY more fun!
I am a little jumpy when it comes to Declan and the water, basically because we have no fear. We got him this super cool new swimsuit...well it has flotation built into the suit. Really he looks like he has fake muscles. If I can interpret the toddler screech for you (which really is the most annoying sound in the world, Jim Carrey almost had it right!) HE DOES NOT LIKE THAT SUIT AT ALL!
I think in the water the flotation part hits him under the chin, plus this mommy makes him wear his hat too. UGH! What to do?!
He is fascinated by bugs, any bugs. I think he would rather explore the bushes for insects than go swimming. If he was a few years older I would have scored major points for making solid contact with what we all thought was a giant bee, but turned out to be a huge flying beetle. Unfortunately I was still the mom who made him wear that horrible suit, which all he told me was "OUT!" and after a little while started saying "Out mease", complete with the sign!
Getting the most out of our time with our friends Rachel and Kyle before Rachel goes back to teaching and Kyle starts school!!! YIKES where did the summer go?!









 
Much love from the bug swatting, sun safety, thankful for feeling weightless and cool,
The Mommy Tree

1 comment:

  1. I am so sad Rachel's summer is over! Waahhh! Will for sure miss our swim dates. I am already excited for NEXT summer! This year's season has been pure magic with the mama's and babies.

    ReplyDelete