Wednesday, July 24, 2013

PARENTING PRIDE!

Hiiiiiiieeeeeeee!!!!! GUESS WHAT?!!! IT IS POURING OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW!!!! YIPPEEE!!! Declan is snoozing away, I am .....ahem, writing my nursing policy paper....yep! Sure am! Don't tell my fellow colleagues that I played all morning... And because I love writing papers so very much I will be trying really hard to write more blogs today!

Today was one of those moments that I felt super proud as a parent. I know that really it had absolutely nothing to do with me and everything to do with Declan just being awesome! Like my grandma says, "when your child does something wonderful, it is all them, when they do something awful and embarassing, it is all your fault." At least that is the way the world views it and sometimes the way we feel as parents.
Anyways we went to Red Light Green Light over on the westside of Allbuquerque, basically an indoor creative play area. Wonderful. I loved it! The kiddos loved it too! After RLGL we (Rachel, Kyle, Jane, Harper, Liz, Carter, Penny, baby Charlie, Declan and myself!) headed over to Jason's Deli for some lunch. We could not have asked for better or more prompt service. They were awesome with making sure we had high chairs, boosters and our food came out super fast! And free kids meals for the next time we visit, awesome! The kiddos SAT THROUGH THE ENTIRE LUNCH!!! WOOOHOOOOO!!!! Maybe that happens for other parents but with Declan he is so busy busy busy that he has way more important things to do, people to meet and places to explore than to sit still strapped in a high chair. I was so proud, I had to call Jonathan right away and let him know how awesome baby chub chub did!








Much love to all of our family and friends and saying many prayers of thanks for the blessing of rain and mommy friends!
The Mommy Tree

1 comment:

  1. Yea! Yesterday was certifiably AWESOME! I officially love RedLightGreenLight! Can't wait to go back!

    ReplyDelete