Thursday, January 19, 2012

Nesting and "Nest Egging"

Yay! 4 comments on the blog! That may be more than we have had yet! Keep them coming and I may start to post more often and even get more and more photos on the blog!

So if nesting is any indication of when our little peanut is coming...he is going to make it to 42 weeks! However, if his daddy is nesting....than he should have been here two weeks ago! Jonathan has been on a cleaning frenzy, I find it extremely adorable and have found myself even bending over to pick stuff up off the floor in order to help keep it clean. Yikes! The only thing he still doesnt like to do...clean the bathrooms! So as Jonathan is busy cleaning, I have been sitting in my glider with my feet up. I watch him run around and tell him how bad I feel that I am not doing anything productive. So he told me "its ok I am nesting and you are 'nest egging!'" So I am going to stick with his and my Grams' advice of just sit there and don't do anything, its the one time in your life you can sit there and do nothing but be doing a whole lot!
The fabulous Laura!
This week, our fabulous Hypnotherapist Laura, met with us one last time before Declan comes to talk about any other concerns and to do a last session with Jonathan and I. It was wonderful! She is wonderful and the program that her and her sister developed, WONDERFUL! Again here is the link to their page, spread it around to your friends, family anyone you know who is having a baby.
http://blissbornonline.com/
You can also find them on Facebook! They live here in Albuquerque but do home-study programs, online classes and also have educators world wide! Jonathan and I could not say enough wonderful things about our Blissborn classes or our instructor.
I am officially done with work, yay! Jonathan and I celebrated by having dinner at Flying Star and then getting into bed before 8:00pm! We both slept great, probably a first for both of us in a long time! So I am going to spend my days resting and relaxing, and we will keep you updated on Declan's arrival!
Our amazing Camp Director for Camp Enchantment, Helen Pino, MADE us this beautiful cradle. She is a woman of many talents!
 This little bear appears in many photos. My Aunt Carol bought me a bear when I was first born, which I still have. And bought one for Declan, little bear is perfect size to practice swaddling, and for practicing in the car seat, seeing how cute our little boy is going to look in his cradle, you get the picture!

 Declan's boppy cover ( purchased on Etsy, of course) Jonathan calls it the "bariatric neck pillow." However, he himself finds it quite comfortable when sitting in the chair in front of the pellet stove!



The above photo is Declan's nursery! We bought this great vinyl wall decal and got to pick our color of maple leaves for the tree. That has been about the extent of my nesting...
Declan's car seat all set and ready to go, along with our bags for the birth center. His diaper bag and mine and Jonathan's bag. Just sitting there waiting...
Mybeautiful mom and I feeling Declan go crazy and also listening to his heart beat!

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe he is almost here!!! You look amazing and are glowing. So happy for you!

    Hugs, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way the vinyl decals look! So cute! Also, great picture of you and your mom! Miss you ~Arielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the maple leaves on the wall! So cute! Can't wait for little Declan to arrive and to see pictures of him too!! Love you guys!
    Love, Lizzy

    ReplyDelete