Thursday, April 26, 2012

12 Weeks and Mommy's return to work...

Declan turned 12 weeks this Tuesday! Yay! Can't believe how fast twelve weeks went by. Of course it took me most of that time to even feel physically well enough to do much. However, it was perfect for loving and cuddling with my little guy. I took that advice of let the cleaning go etc, and I really did let it go. Anyone who came to our house could guess that was our state of mind!

Declan laughs! Its contagious and so very sweet! He loves when daddy sings to him and he loves to be bounced on the bed!
He makes lots of noises and baby talk. I think its so funny when he talks with his mouth closed!
He is constantly putting his hands in his mouth, his blankets or a stuffed animal.
He can get himself onto his side, but hasn't rolled over yet...
He loves music and being outside
He has the funniest facial expressions
We are learning the signs for hungry, eat, mommy, daddy, grandma, grandpa, aunt, uncle, happy and silly. Please and thank you also!

So I went back to work this Tuesday and....it was nice to go back. Stressful and emotional, also really difficult. But once I took the first step it was enjoyable. Everyone at work was really wonderful and supportive. I had to relearn and learn some new computer stuff, I found a lactation room and found a pumping schedule, all things I was worried about. I didn't forget how to take care of people and give medications, woohoo! More so than before I realized how lucky I am to work with such great people. Definitely a blessing.
My mom and brother watched Declan on Tuesday and my mom watched Declan on Wednesday. It made that transition to work that much easier. Also my mom was wonderful and comes to our house at 6:20 in the morning to pick Declan up before I go to work. Declan had a fantastic time with his Uncle Ryan and his Grandma!
Jonathan has been insanely busy. It is rental renewal time...Which means new leases, tenants moving in and out (thankfully only in one of the houses!). It is also spring and time to do swamp coolers...ugh! poor Jonathan has been running all over this city to get everything put together and keep his tenants happy. Not to mention he still has a very busy, full time job, at work. And he is a husband and a daddy. Also, the expert in cloth diaper washing and that is a huge task! Phew, that is a lot of work! Keep up the good work Jonathan! You are almost there!


6 comments:

  1. Oh man, that little guy just gets cuter and cuter every minute! Declan is such a precious little thing. I love reading about how well he is growing. It is still hard to believe that we have little ones in our lives now! Truly a blessing! Lots of love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TarBear! So glad your transition back to work was smooth. I'm sure you will love working just a little bit and appreciate your time with Declan even more! I love the pictures of baby D eating his bear!! SO cute! Much love to you guys. Keep up that hard work Jonathan!
    xo, Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the last picture...so funny!! He's getting so big and I wish I could be there!!

    All kinds of crazy love from Texas,
    Auntie Kait

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sidenote: Declan TOTALLY has the Murphree head!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Declan is growing so fast! I'm glad you enjoy the people you work with... that makes such a huge difference!! You and Jonathan are amazing with how much you've got going on! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy to hear/read that things are going so well. Sending lots of happy thoughts your way. Hugs, Jeaner

    ReplyDelete