Those moments. I'm keeping this post super short because sleep has been...err...interrupted. Calem is a loud sleeper, Declan comes in our room in the middle of the night, getting earlier and earlier into the evening. Last night it was midnight. He slept in there all night. The king bed we just bought wasn't for just us, it was a whole family purchase. Because here is the truth, ain't no mommy or daddy who is THAT sleep deprived is going to walk their child back to their room. Nope. Just climb on in and cuddle Declan.
Ok this is not short. Sorry! Tonight I was laying in Declan's bed with him and we were supposed to be saying good night prayers, but he doesn't like a cold pillow (the only person I know that doesn't!) so I was warming it up for him. That and all I wanted to do was lay down. He wanted to read me his Tangled book so he was reading and telling me all parts of the story. Then he stops and says to me "Mommy I never never left you. Never ever." So sweet. I am pretty sure he meant leave but it was the sweetest thing I heard all day. So thankful that tonight I had the chance to lay down, snuggle and spend some time with this incredible boy.
All the love in the world,
Tara


No comments:
Post a Comment