One year old! Yikes! How did that happen?! There is not a mommy out there that looks back on a year and says "shit, that was the longest year of my life." No matter how hard, challenging, happy peaceful the year is, it goes by SOOOOO fast. It is also one of those things that before you are a mom you do not believe it when other mommies say it.
We caved and had Calem's birthday party at our house. It was fun! Like REALLY fun! We made all of the food ourselves, we had chili (red and white) and Jonathan and I made cake pops! Cake batter and Oreo! Last time we had a party at our house I was exhausted from cleaning before and after and I said "never.again." Just Kidding! This time I took the stress out and I didn't do a serious in depth clean before. I just waited until after the party....I'm pretty sure there was enough chaos happening no one noticed. If you did, shhhhh!
We also got super excited the day before the party and decided to order a bouncy house with a slide. Best. Decision. Yet. We wore ourselves out. We had the jumper for over 24 hours and we got our moneys worth! We spent hours jumping and the boys spent hours sleeping to recoup!
I decided at least twice a year we are just going to rent one because it was that much fun for kids and adults. I mean my birthday is in April and a mommy can have a jumpy house at her party right?!
We waited until the end to realize that we hadn't taken any photos of guests with Calem....By that time most people had gone home, and baby chub was over getting his photo taken and over being the center of attention!
No one can look at the camera and smile all together! But I love the faces in this one!
Jumping in our jammies with frost on the ground!
Cherish those moments, ALL of them!
All of the love in the world,
The Mommy Tree
No comments:
Post a Comment