Sleep. As any parent knows it really doesn't matter if your child passes the newborn sleep deprivation phase. Because the truth is there are other phases of sleep: The I'm not sleepy stage, the my legs/hands/tummy/teeth hurt stage (which really means I just want to snuggle in your bed), the I would rather sleep in your bed thanks stage...and countless others I am sure. I'm sleep deprived my brain doesn't work as quick as I would like. The sleep deprivation part of parenting is something I have been told never really ends. Because as parents don't you always worry?! Always. Like even when your babies are grown up with babies...
I do. I will. However, one day our boys won't ask for stories, or more good night prayers. They won't want to climb in our beds and snuggle all night long. So I am savoring those moments. Even at 3:00am when Declan is in our bed wiggling everywhere and Calem wakes up because he knows he must be missing something, even then I am going to savor those memories.
Happily rejoicing in more than 3 solid hours of sleep and being thankful for every moment,
All the love in the world,
The Mommy Tree
No comments:
Post a Comment