Change abounds in the Maple Household. New baby boy # 2 is in the Mommy's Milk, Burp, Eat, Sleep repeat phase. That means for me, well I'm on diaper duty which, OMG IS SO EASY for little baby Calem. Little poos of easily-wiped-with-1-wipe-of-joy they are.
Declan is doing AWESOME at attempting to use the potty. He is also too smart for his own britches. On my first day back to work - he catapults himself out of the crib at 6:00 a.m. It's a solid 40" drop to the carpet below. The baby Monitor captures a *THUD* and a loud wail begins. We use our cellphones to connect to the camera I installed...so everything was x2 the drama. I'm in the shower, sprinting (streaking really) out the bathroom as my wife vaults from the bed and sprints a pace or two ahead of me to his room. She just had surgery...
We arrive to a starry eyed baby boy wondering W.T.F. just happened. We calm him and I told Tara, "That's it, I'm building a lid."
Luckily, he was not injured and since has been smart enough to just ask for us. Crib jumping...oi.
We don't have any pictures however, I have set the camera to "Record on Motion Detect."
Declan has been getting lots of attention and we really appreciate everyone showing him the extra love and support. He has been nothing but loving and embracing of his new baby brother. This post, we are Thankful for Declan and all the love he receives and gives. He is such a sweet boy and already an amazing big brother.
It's amazing what you can buy on Amazon these days.
Escape from Uncle Ryan!
Making Play-Doh Robots with Mommy
Sweet kisses for his little brother
Holy cow!!! Jumping out of the crib??? Oh Declan, be careful sweet boy! No more Declan's jumping on the bed! So thankful he was not hurt!
ReplyDeleteAy yi yi! You know we have been there with the crib-jumping! Glad he has not attempted it again since, and glad he was not hurt!! Love you guys! xo
ReplyDelete