Monday, November 12, 2012

Day 12 - Thankful for Dinners & Hobbits!

Thirty days of Thanks has turned into so much more than just blog posts every day. Our email has been overflowing with people telling us that they were inspired and have started doing the same thing. Also by friends and family who have sent messages telling us how much they enjoy reading the posts every day. We are so thankful that all of you have started sharing your thanks. And humbled that we were able to pay it forward.

If I was a hobbit and well, I'm not...but, perhaps stature aside, inside I am part hobbit...and part Darth Vader...and...um never mind.  Where was I?  Oh yes! DINNER!  One of my favorite most thankful times of the day.  Food, Family, Fun & Gravity come together for an hour of enchanting and completely unpredictable meal time!  Sometimes I wish our world was a bit more hobbit.  After dinner we could have supper...and before dinner would be tea.  I know right? AWESOME!

Well, even if we only get 1 meal as a family for most days, I couldn't be more thankful for that.  I am thankful Tara is such a wondrous Chef! She can take anything and turn it into a delicious, scrumptious, wonderful meal.  Seriously, that delicious woman can take crap, cardboard and fish water and turn it into a feast fit for a King (or a humble hungry husband and baby!)

I am thankful Declan is so fun and eager to learn - he has been feeding himself for awhile and is now practically 100% "see-food-grab-food-put-food-in-mouth."  Until the interest wanes and the tummy fills of course...then it's "see-food-grab-food-throw-food-on-floor-ponder-gravity."  I'm sure that last part is happening.










12 is my lucky number.  Ahh life is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment