Tonight I am also thankful for Starbuck's hot chocolate, that delicious mix from Costco! It helped me to feel even more relaxed and to help keep me awake for blog writing! Hello, it is after 6:45pm and it has been dark for about two hours!
I am thankful for our blog. Jonathan suggested a blog when we were on our World Ramblers trip in 2007. At that point I knew very little about writing a blog. Even after we got started I felt like I was horrible at it. I loved reading peoples comments and knowing that other people were viewing our journey and travels. For us that was the easiest way to communicate, because you email and everyone emails you back. Emails back were fantastic but not when internet was so expensive and at that point we could afford maybe thirty minutes of internet time every few days. Anyways, once we were The Maple's I wanted to start another one. Well here we are...A Tale of Two Maples. Fourteen days into our Thankful exercise. I feel more thankful for the people and experiences in my life. I feel refreshed and renewed when I sit down to think about what I am going to write. Thank you for reading and adding fulfillment to our lives.
I also have to say that today is Baby Kyle's 1 and 1/2 birthday!!!
I am very thankful that my Mom let me use her Highlander. It has been no easy week and this will make life so so much easier these next few weeks. My engine will be rebuilt and I am thankful for my honest and good mechanic. He takes the time to tell me and show me what's going on with the car. I learn a lot.
I am thankful we get to play so much time...all.the.time. woot! When Tara was inside the car after feeding, I saw her playing with Declan. OMG I could have snorted at the thought of what I was about to do...in fact, I think I did snort. I started running towards them in the dark, Declan didn't see me and then. *BAM* I pounced on the passenger side window smacking it with both palms! Watching Declan startle was HILARIOUS. He thought so too, because he started laughing and jumping (almost in hysterics) on Tara's lap. I stuck my head in the passenger side making funny noises and oh how Declan laughed and squealed in delight! We continued like this in the cold mountain air for a good 15 mins. It was awesome. I am so grateful for such a wonderful, loving, and playful Wife and Baby boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment