Thursday, November 29, 2012

Day 29 - Thankful for 5 Amazing Senses



I am thankful for my eyes – they let me see the beautiful world around me.  A world filled with my wife, with Declan, with Family and Friends that we love and cherish.  A world filled with interesting and unique things.  With strange and amazing people and animals.  A world with Declan speed walking around the house!

I am thankful for my hearing so I can...what?!...WHAT??  *pinky in ear*  ah better - so I can share in much laughter, stories and conversation.  So I can hear ‘I Love You!'  For music I can dance to.  For all of the baby cooing and noises, for the sound of the wind, the rain, our friend’s and family’s voices.

I am thankful for my nose and that wonderful baby smell!  I love that Tara makes our house smell like fall, winter, spring and summer with her essential oils and diffuser.  Cinnamon, Citrus, Wild Orange and so much more.  I am grateful that our home always smells like baked goods and cookies and other delicious things! 

I am thankful for my taste buds.  They let me experience the splendor of a kiss, the succulence of sweets and the savory goodness of a delicious meal.  For fresh Maple Syrup poured thick on a stack of homemade Pancakes!

I am thankful for my sense of touch – That I may hold my son and wife and embrace them with love and warmth.  That I can feel their little hands in my big hands.  That I can give hugs and show people how much I care about them.  That I have doggies to pet, with white soft fur.  That Declan loves running through the racks of clothes, arms outstretched, as much as I do.  The way the shower hits, the softness of a pillow, the feeling of clean sheets.  I am thankful for them all, for all the little things that let me take in the world and experience it to the fullest.

5 Amazing senses – now that is a gift from God.

If you agree - give me your best Halleluiah! in the comments.  (feel free to use whoo-hoo, woot, BOO-YA.  Whatever uncorks your enthusiasm - pop that sh#%!!)










Big Daddy Tree  

No comments:

Post a Comment