Saturday, November 10, 2012

Day 10 - Thankful for Saturday Nights!

After a long, long, looooooong week and Saturday day - I am thankful for Saturday night.  Thankful that my lovely bride kept our baby boy up so I could help put him to bed.  Thankful that he likes to rough house and play with his Daddy.   I was reflecting that, for all the interesting and challenging projects in the world.  For all the neat and unique hobbies and adventures. For all the 100,000,001 ways we can spend our time, none are quite as satisfying as those times spent with loved ones.

I'm thankful that we are almost at the end of a major construction project for our home.  Re-piping the whole house is one of those things that you hope you never have to do.  If you're ever in the market, I'd be happy to share who we used.  They've done two houses for us: 1 in Rio Rancho and now our home and have done an excellent job with both.

Today - I am thankful for Cesar's parents. I was fortunate enough to see both of them tonight. They are the most amazing, loving, kind and gentle people. The .  They are beautiful souls.  Tara, Declan, and I are beyond blessed to have known and loved Cesar. So thankful for the gifts of love and friendship with Cesar's parents. Cesar you are so loved, cherished and missed.

Here we are, 10 days into our 30 days of thanks.  You would think that in the daily grind, it would be easier to not express gratitude or find the little joys of the day.  I will say this, finding the joys in each day, taking the time to write them down and share them, it's worth it. When Tara had said that she would like to do a Thirty Days of Thanks on the blog, I asked if I we could please do it together.  I am so happy we are doing this as a family.  You always hear that misery loves company, well, you know what?  So does happiness!




For our happiness and for yours - we are thankful!!!

--Big Daddy Tree


4 comments:

  1. Praying the re-piping project continues to move quickly. Big Hugs to you all!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading and for commenting!!! XOXO!!!

      Delete
  2. With all those food pictures, I'd say Dec is thankful for all the yummy food you guys cook for him! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he is thankful for that too! Can't help but post all those hilarious photos of him eating! Loved the face time date this morning! LOVE YOU!

      Delete