Friday, November 16, 2012

Day 16 - Thankful for not having to cook!

Thankful not just for Whole Foods, for A LOT of things today. Thankful that today I discovered a new consignment shop in town and took in a ton of stuff. Paige, Seven for All Mankind, Coach kind of stuff. It is called Deja Vu Consignments Los Ranchos off of 4th street. Cute little store, nice stuff and reasonably priced! It just felt good to get two bags of fashionable but unused items unloaded, out of our house, and with the possibility of making some money. But that is boring.
Not boring: Spending quality time this morning talking to my Aunt Carol! So wonderful that we were able to do some catching up and share life. Miss her so much and sending her lots of love, prayers and healing for her upcoming surgery this next week. Family phone dates are good for the soul.
Getting to meet your girlfriends for an impromptu coffee date before the start of the weekend! So thankful that I have really wonderful friends in Rachel and Jane. Thankful that they didn't judge my parenting styles when Declan broke a plate, launched my smoothie and bonked his head on the table...ugh. And if they did judge they were sure nice and kept it to themselves. The only thing missing from our date this afternoon was Kyle, who was with his Grandma. Those coffee dates sure do wonders for the spirit. Also Harper had an adorable snowgirl shirt on and tonight I couldn't help but ask Jonathan to put Declan in CHRISTMAS PAJAMAS!!!!
Thankful that Whole Foods has delicious food already cooked that we can eat off of paper plates and recycle them after we are done eating. I love to cook, but I am thankful that tonight there was no cooking and no dishes! We had a preview of Thanksgiving dinner and Declan loved it! And we had to buy egg nog! I couldn't drink it last year so this year I am going to town. Also at Whole Foods on Friday evenings is a fantastic gentleman that gives glorious chair massages. I also got one of those tonight in hopes that it would ease these horrible headaches I have been having for the last week. Jonathan and Declan spent that time exploring the produce and getting lots and lots of attention from all the other shoppers at WF. Those two together are pretty darn cute!
And now just thankful that we are home. I apologize for the rushed post; however, I have a glass of eggnog, a hot bath and Jonathan waiting for me!
Thank goodness it is the weekend and we now have two days together as a family.
Hugs and Snuggles,
The Mommy Tree 




3 comments:

  1. Hope the massage helped and hope your headaches go away soon! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never judge! Declan breaking the plate was the highlight of our coffee date, in my opinion ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Janey! You are the best! Also thank you for giving me the term "House Frau" so I can laugh to myself or out loud ALL day today!

    ReplyDelete